Simple and easy recipe for a Summer-time Succotash Salad:
– 2 cups fresh or frozen sweet corn kernels
– 1 can (15 oz./ 425g) black beans, rinsed and drained
– 1 red bell pepper, diced
– 1/2 red onion, diced
– 1 avocado, diced
– 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
– 2 tbsp. lime juice
– 2 tbsp. olive oil
– 1 tsp. honey
– 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
– Salt and pepper to taste
1. If using fresh corn, cook the corn in boiling water for 5-7 minutes until tender. If using frozen corn, thaw the corn according to package instructions.
2. In a large bowl, combine the cooked or thawed corn kernels, black beans, diced red bell pepper, diced red onion, diced avocado, and chopped cilantro.
3. In a small bowl, whisk together the lime juice, olive oil, honey, ground cumin, salt, and pepper.
4. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss until the vegetables and beans are evenly coated.
5. Refrigerate the succotash salad for at least 30 minutes before serving to allow the flavors to meld together.
6. Serve your Summer-time Succotash Salad cold as a refreshing and healthy side dish or as a light and satisfying lunch.
This recipe is perfect for summer when fresh sweet corn and juicy ripe avocados are in season. It’s healthy, delicious, and bursting with vibrant colors and flavors.