Here's a recipe for a delicious and satisfying Sticky Tofu Bowl:
– 14 oz. (400g) firm tofu, drained and pressed
– 2 tbsp. cornstarch
– 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
– 2 cloves garlic, minced
– 1 tbsp. grated ginger
– 1/4 cup soy sauce
– 2 tbsp. hoisin sauce
– 1 tbsp. maple syrup
– 2 cups cooked brown rice
– 2 cups steamed vegetables (broccoli, carrots, bell peppers, etc.)
– Sesame seeds and chopped green onions for garnish
1. Cut the pressed tofu into bite-sized cubes and toss them with cornstarch until coated.
2. Heat the vegetable oil in a large non-stick pan over medium-high heat. Add the tofu cubes and cook for 5-7 minutes, turning occasionally, until golden and crispy on all sides.
3. Add the minced garlic and grated ginger to the pan and cook for another minute.
4. In a small bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, hoisin sauce, and maple syrup.
5. Pour the sauce over the tofu and stir until the tofu is coated. Cook for another minute until the sauce thickens and sticks to the tofu.
6. Divide the cooked brown rice and steamed vegetables between two bowls. Top with the sticky tofu.
7. Garnish with sesame seeds and chopped green onions.
8. Serve hot and enjoy your delicious Sticky Tofu Bowl!
This dish is a great way to enjoy a healthy and flavorful vegan meal that's easy to prepare.